Oh, look who decided to update her blog. It only took a goddamn worldwide pandemic and almost ten full months bored out of my mind at home for me to do so. Truly no time like the present!
Speaking of presents – ha, see what I did there? Hanukkah and Christmas are around the corner and a lot of people have asked me what I’ve bought for Morgan to get ideas of what to get for their kids! Very smart. Always go to the girl who’s addicted to online shopping.
Morgan is bit of a tricky case these days because he is O B S E S S E D with the solar system and only wants to play with the same 4 planet-related toys over and over and over and over again BUT I am making a list of things that he has and has loved throughout this past year. If you have a 2-3 year old, this is your list. Go wild.
I’ll run down the list, starting at the top left and moving clockwise:
– Construction Magnetic Play Scene: Hands down Morgan’s favorite toy. We have the construction version and the outer space version and he LOVES the outer space one so, so much. They can make little scenes with the magnets inside the box and arrange the pieces however they’d like.
– Puzzle Book Outer Space Play Scene: I bought this one after our other outer space set started getting real worn (due to constantly inviting the planets to join us for lunch) and I kind of like it better because the pieces are SLIGHTLY bigger and thus less easily lost under my couch forevermore.
– Toy Fire Truck with Real Shooting Water: My aunt got Morg this toy for a big brother gift and he played with it outside all summer. The water shoots FAR so be warned! Your toddler WILL try and soak you.
– MagnaTiles: Every single human being on earth likes playing with these. Morgan could spend hours building “towers.” We don’t have the one with the cars but it’s high on my list because then he can build towers on wheels. His brain will explode with joy.
– Stomp Rocket: This is really fun and will kill plenty of time in your backyard. Plus it’s easy to set up, even I can do it.
– Load It Up Recycling Truck: if your child is obsessed with garbage trucks this is a really fun toy. It’s also from Lakeshore ($$$) but it’s very well made and won’t break when it is excitedly hurled against your coffee table.
– Pete the Cat Box Set: Morg loves Pete the Cat books and I don’t get bored reading them even though I hate cats! My favorite one isn’t in this set – Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party – but that one is a real hit too.
– Pop of Literacy Baking Box: This is part shameless plug bc it’s my best friend’s new company but also it’s a great idea if you have kids who love reading and hands-on play. Plus it is easily contained in the storage box they provide!
I hope that is helpful! If your child is obsessed with outer space please inquire within for a FULL LIST of planet-related toys that did not make it onto this lil collage. Otherwise, happy shopping!